Membership Acquisition Manager Position Now Open
Florida Farm Bureau Federation is the Sunshine State’s oldest and largest general agriculture organization. We pride ourselves in being the voice of Florida’s farmers and ranchers and keeping their traditions, values and heritage alive for generations to come. Since our founding in 1941, members have been an integral part of the success of our organization. The Membership Acquisition Manager plays a central role in improving retention and increasing recruitment. This career requires a person with a deep passion for agriculture, a servant leader’s heart and the motivation to succeed.
As a member of the Florida Farm Bureau team reporting to the Director of Field Services, everyone is expected to personally exhibit, at all times, three standards: uncompromising integrity, unyielding work ethic and a positive attitude. Furthermore, our team members are energetic, high achievers with a genuine love for people, and seek to consistently improve our personal and professional abilities.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive membership marketing plan to meet or exceed membership growth goals.
- Coordinate and execute an organizational membership effort with all departments and county Farm Bureaus. This may include direct mail. campaigns, marketing campaigns membership processing and outreach.
- Manage Member Benefits Marketing Representative and Membership Assistant.
- Work with Field Staff and County Farm Bureaus to organize and execute a successful membership campaign.
- Implement annual campaign to engage existing members in membership recruitment. Identify and implement new tactics to increase program’s return.
- Develop and deliver training to support County Farm Bureaus, volunteer leaders and field staff membership programs and outreach efforts.
- Work with Member Benefits Marketing Representative to engage benefit partners and others on the value of membership.
- Develop metrics related to membership trends and assist with membership forecasting.
- Work with IT to improve Federation membership data for organizational use.
- Leverage data to deliver segmented messaging across retention and recruitment campaigns.
- Work with Public Relations department to develop marketing and promotional graphics ensuring consistent membership messaging.
- Work closely with member benefits providers to train and inform staff and sales team.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, sales, business administration, or a related field.
- Three or more years of work experience in a marketing capacity, ideally in a professional association environment. Acquisition/Sales marketing experience is a plus.
- Proven success in writing copy for membership acquisition and retention as well as executing and managing traditional and digital campaigns.
- Experience using analytics to interpret outcomes, identify campaign opportunities, and drive membership-marketing decisions, preferred.
- Database experience, ideally with CRM software platform.
- Excellent writing and oral communications skills.
- Proven project management skills with ability to execute and deliver on multiple projects.
- Google Analytics and Lead Generation software experience required. Proficient in Microsoft Office and knowledge of association management systems, CMS helpful.
- Enthusiastic, creative self-starter who can multi-task and thrive in a busy, fast–paced environment.
- Strong business acumen with ability to think both strategically and tactically.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to get along with diverse constituencies and personalities, including members, volunteer leaders, staff, and contacts at external organizations.