Young Farmer and Rancher Representative to Women’s Leadership Committee
Women’s Committee Handbook
The Young Farmer and Rancher (YF&R) Representative to the State Women’s Leadership Committee is the vital link between women, ages 18-35 and the State Women’s Leadership Committee. She is the spokesperson for her YF&R Leadership team and should represent them at Farm Bureau functions. The YF&R Representative to the State Women’s Leadership Committee is voted on by her YF&R Leadership Team for a one-year term at the Florida Farm Bureau Federation annual meeting in October.
- Be knowledgeable in all aspects of the total Farm Bureau Program, particularly YF&R
- Attend all scheduled meetings of the State Women’s Leadership Committee during her one-year appointment as the YF&R representative.
- Contribute to the determination of the annual women’s program of work based on local, state, and national issues and concerns.
- Work alongside District Chairmen to develop and assist in annual planning/training meetings.
- Contact and update other YF&R Leadership Team members on a regular basis. It is her responsibility to keep YF&R women informed on issues and events concerning the state program.
- Report State Women’s Leadership Committee activities to the YF&R Leadership Team
- Help surface Women’s Committee and YF&R leaders for the organization
- Support efforts to publicize State Women’s Leadership Conference and other statewide meetings in individual districts.
- Assist in planning and implementation of women’s activities at FFBF Annual Meeting
- Participate in AFBF meetings as needed
- Seek the assistance of their district women’s chairman and state program coordinator when appropriate and necessary.